Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, new projects


With the new year, I am once again going to start up an extended self portrait project. I have tried these in the past, the previous one only lasted three months, but I've always wanted to do this for a year. We'll see how long I can keep this up. Earlier versions were hard copy based, the first one I did with Polaroid and snapshot film, I'm hoping that doing this as a virtual project will make it a little easier to keep going.

The other project is one based on something I did hear on NPR, about a photographer and friends that makes one photograph ever day at the same time. I have proposed this to 6 photo friends and three have responded, I really like the idea that we're all doing the same thing, at the same time, as a way to link us al together, even when we're miles apart. I'll post the site for that project once it gets going.

My new fun camera for the new year is a Lumix LX-3, so far, it seems like a great little point and shoot. It seems to have all the features I love in a small pocket camera and it also has the cult/snob appeal of a Leitz lens.

Also with the new year, I have finally made my flight reservations for the SPE National in Dallas, still not sure if the conference is worth the money, but having missed the Denver conference, I thought it time to give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment